SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Tuesday, April 7, 2009

You bought what?


Cal Ranch Store


+


Dave and 4 girls

=


We now have baby chicks living in a box under Cade's reading lamp in our family room. The kids have even named them, Butter & Peanut. They have been looking on line and have learned how to tell apart a boy and a girl. They have big plans for them but my plans will be to find them a home. I would hate to see what would happen if we actually lived out in the country with some land. Dave would be bringing home a different animal daily.


5 comments:

Betsy said...

My kids want baby chicks so bad!! I'll be watching closely to see how it goes for you guys first! :) My big question is what do you with them when they grow up? I don't think I could knowingly eat a pet!

Cindy said...

Hey Steph,

My sister lives on a farm up there. When they outgrow their cuteness, perhaps she could take them. Have fun while they are tiny though... so cute!

Sarah said...

Oh, Steph, that's too funny!

If we're still here when those chicks grow up, they sure could come live here.

If they're both hens, though, you could easily keep them in your yard. Hens are quiet, love garden scraps and worms, and will give you fresh eggs! Roosters, though ... you wouldn't want those in town for sure.

Marilyn said...

For someone who never wanted pets, you are getting quite the assortment! Started with fish, moved onto bunny, now chickens? What next, a goat? Maybe you should live on a farm!

Erin said...

Oh, my kids would be in heaven. A bunny and chicks - what more could you ask for?