SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Sunday, April 5, 2009

Ben & Britt did it!

We had a few days at home recovering from our CA trip then replaced our California clothes with some warm clothes and headed off to Utah for Ben & Britt's wedding. They were married in SLC temple by President Hinckley's son. He gave them some good advice that made us all laugh. He even gave Britt one last chance to leave while they were kneeling at the altar. We are glad she stayed and happy to have her as part of our family.



Most of the nieces and nephews on the Shirley side. We were missing Blake & Jennah's kids and Mike & Elise's kids. So add 5 more! 7 more if you count the 2 on the way!

Grandpa Shirley and boy cousins that Cade loves to see.



Ashley claims to have caught Britt's bouquet and her cousin Olivia claims that she caught it and it was taken out of her hands by the taller, longer armed Ashley. Beside that little bit of a brawl, the reception went smoothly. The kids were loving the dessert table as they had everything you could imagine. (I secretly was loving it too!)

What a gang! Hope you are ready for us Britt!

Weddings always cause me to reflect back on my own wedding 16 1/2 years ago. Wow that was along time ago. No wonder things have changed so much. I was young and really didn't care about all the wedding details. I just wanted to get married. Looking back that was probably a good thing because I didn't stress very much about the whole wedding thing. I do wish I would have gotten bridal pictures and better wedding pictures but at the time I didn't really even know brides did that. The one thing that hasn't changed and the most important thing for me was that I was able to get marrried in the temple for time and all eternity. I love Dave and am so grateful we have a family that can be together forever. The End.

1 comment:

Elise said...

Thanks for posting the pictures Steph. Britt looked so pretty. And how about all those little girls. Angie told me about the bouquet fight! So funny. Wish we were there.