SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Monday, August 31, 2009

This is not a joke!


I repeat this is not a joke! We have a new member of our family, Chandra the Doberman Dog! The kids and Dave have been begging for a dog for 1 1/2 years. I guess I finally gave in because the dog is with us. They are all determined that I am going to turn into a big dog lover. I am waiting for them to prove me wrong! She is almost 12 weeks old and we have only had her for 1 night. Today she had to go visit the vet to get her ears cropped. Personally, I liked her ears long. She looked more friendly. The kids think it is Christmas. Hailey and Cade slept by her on the kitchen floor the first night. She will be an outside dog except she will be allowed on our wood floor only. She is papered and comes from a good line so don't be scared off neighbors! So far, with my 2 days experience I have been shocked! She hasn't bit/knipped at anyone, jumped on anyone, or barked. I hope she is not just calm because she is scared???? Time will tell. Cade has big plans for Chandra. (That is her papered show dog name, it could change) Wish us luck, well maybe just wish me luck!

6 comments:

J, K, E & C Hadley said...

Very cute puppy, good luck!

Laura Barrett said...

Holy cow! I stopped in Nursey yesterday and I could've sworn I heard Valerie in the corner talking to herself about her dog. I was thinking "bless that little girl's heart with that imagination, that would NEVER happen at the Shirley's if Steph had any say in it," boy was I wrong! Puppies are soooo cute...then they grow up! Ha ha, just kidding don't be scared. You know me, I gave in for 3 dogs! Are we nuts!

Erin said...

It may not be a joke, but I'm giggling. Welcome to the club, Steph. I'm glad Boston didn't totally scare you away. Congrats on the latest addition. You'll have to let me know if the excitement continues. She is a very cute dog.

Jennifer said...

Um, I hope my kids enjoy your dogs because I will not be jumping on that band wagon. She looks harmless enough, kind of cute actually. I agree with the ear thing though, why do they clip them? How does she smell. That's one of my major fears, dog houses are just not my favorite. I know the kids adore her, let's just hope that keeps up right? Tell Dave congrats. I am smiling, kind of evil and kind of happy...you are the woman!

Julie said...

We all have to cave sooner or later! Cute puppy, be the kids are so excited!

Cindy said...

Wow. My kids will never be that lucky. :-) I'm curious why her ears have to be taped up in that cup thing?