SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Thursday, February 5, 2009

A New Year!

Sometimes I have those moments where I feel inspired. Sometimes I wish those moments would happen more often. I know we are a month into the new year but I have been thinking of something I wanted our family to focus on this year. While reading through the Ensign I came across President Monson's Christmas talk about making room for Christ in our homes. After reading this talk, ideas just started to come (thanks to help from up above). For FHE I had planned a big Valentine's dinner to reveal my plan. Our family was able to come up with different topics we can focus on each month in order to bring Christ into our home. I had already chosen the first month which was service, hence the picture of me taking their dinner orders and serving them food.

Bring Christ into our lives and homes

I had Dave take the kids with him so that they would be surprised when they came home. They loved walking into the house and seeing the path lined with candles and candy.


The Menu (I don't know why I can't turn the pic)

Berrylicious Strawberry Smoothie

Me taking orders - what's new?

Ipod valentine - made out of candy sweethearts and peanutbutter cups for earphones.

Lovin' life

My other crafty attempt - made with real strawberries. It was actually berry delicious.

5 comments:

Renee said...

Stephanie, I just saw this post. What a fun, clever idea--you really are the Queen of Hearts. I'm sure everyone was excited to participate in such an activity--and better still that you will have a theme monthly to help bring Christ in your lives and home. Give everyone a big hug and kiss for me and tell them I miss my little sweethearts!

Renee said...

Stephanie, I just saw this post. What a fun, clever idea--you really are the Queen of Hearts. I'm sure everyone was excited to participate in such an activity--and better still that you will have a theme monthly to help bring Christ in your lives and home. Give everyone a big hug and kiss for me and tell them I miss my little sweethearts!

Jennifer said...

Did you just think this up and do it in one day? You are my hero, can I copy?

Marilyn said...

Wow, you are so amazing! Where do you find the time and energy to do all these fun ideas?! What an inspiration you are to us "girls" and your kids. Sure wish I was there to do these fun things with you, hopefully soon! You Rock!!

Emily said...

Wow Steph! I am totally copying your idea. Only, I may have to do a simplified version because MAN that looks like a lot of work! You are amazing! What a neat idea for a home evening...bringing Christ into our lives and homes. Thanks for sharing the idea!