SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Sunday, April 6, 2008

Tradition

Our kids were excited today, not necessarily to sit and watch conference, but because they like our conference traditions. Every conference between sessions Dave makes his famous french fries and finger steaks. The kids love it and think he needs to open a restaurant. They think the restaurant should be named "Shirley Steakhouse" or "Dad's Meat." Dave does do a good job of cooking meat. In fact, I usually let Dave do all the shopping to buy meat because I just don't get it. I can by hamburger and chicken but that is about all I know when it comes to meat! The kids did say I could open up a dessert restaurant. Even they know I would rather eat and make treats than healthy food!
Mikayla sampling a finger steak. It was still a little hot but she couldn't wait to take a bite!

These finger steaks may not look so appetizing but they sure taste great! They taste even better because I didn't have to make them!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Emily said...

Yum...remind me to stop by your house inbetween conference sessions next time! J/K I tried to do something fun (copied Lana's idea) and we spread a blanket out on the floor for the afternoon session and had a picnic while we watched. Kids loved it, but a bit nerve-racking for me!

Erin said...

How come Dave has never shared his culinary talent with us? The secret is out Dave - you'd better watch out next family gathering....

Amanda said...

Stephanie! This is Amanda Geary Pickup-I was so excited to find your blog! Your kids are so grown up it's crazy! They are adorable though, and there's two little ones that I don't even know! I just wanted to say hello, tell you how adorable your children are, and let you know they were my favorite kids EVER to babysit! I miss it!!
You guys are great!