SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Wednesday, February 20, 2008

TAGGED AGAIN!

WHAT IS HIS NAME: David Shirley
HOW LONG HAVE YOU BEEN MARRIED: 15 years and still smokin hot!
HOW LONG DID WE DATE: 1 year including a 2month engagement
WHO SAID I LOVE YOU FIRST: I am a little foggy on that minor detail. Probably me. I know I had to bring up marriage first but I didn't have the guts to say it. I had my family relationships book in my hands (didn't everybody take this college class at Ricks?) and I pointed to the word "marriage" and told Dave that is what I want to talk about. Heck, we had been dating almost the whole school year and had never even discussed the matter.
WHO IS TALLER: Depends - shoes off it is Dave, shoes on usually me because I like to wear heels. Our kids think I am taller all the time.
WHO SINGS BETTER: Dave, I am not a singer although I do enjoy it in the car. If I don't know the words I gladly make them up as I go along.
WHO'S SMARTER: Depends again. Dave wins in the logic area. I win in the direction area. He can find an address if it is written but can't remember landmarks - so that is where I come in. I guess we compliment each other in this area.
WHO PAYS THE BILLS: Steph with Dave's money. (unless there are other bills I don't know about) Why are their so many bills? I want to buy fun stuff.
WHO SLEEPS ON THE RIGHT SIDE OF THE BED: That would be me of course, Dave sleeps on the wrong side. Ha Ha. I sleep on the right side and Dave sleeps on the left if we are in bed looking up at the ceiling. I like to snuggle though so I am usually in the middle. The kids always go to Dave's side of the bed in the middle of the night. He is nicer at night than I am.
WHO MOWS THE LAWN: Cade has started mowing the lawn and I am so ever grateful seems how it used to be me. He is getting better now so we don't have as many funky designs in our lawn.
WHO COOKS DINNER: I don't love to cook but I usually make dinner during the week. Dave helps out doing the dishes in the evenings and does his fair share of cooking. In the summer Dave makes dinner quite a lot out on the grill. Sundays is usually Dave's day to cook and mom's day to relax. I love it!
WHO DRIVES: Dave because he can stay awake. I am definitely the navigator though.
WHO'S MORE STUBBORN: That one is hard. I can be and on certain subjects Dave sure won't bend.
WHO KISSED WHO FIRST: I would say Dave and he would say me.
WHO ASKED OUT WHO FIRST: Dave asked me out after we kissed and I was too scared to talk to him the next day. After all, the kiss was kind of accidental so I didn't know what to expect.
WHO PROPOSED: Dave (twice) The first time was when I was on break from Discovery (yes, I was a granola women who camped out along the oregon coast in a tent for 5 weeks taking college courses). Of course, I said yes and then when I came home for good 2 1/2 weeks later he proposed for real by our bridge by the river. He had written a poem about treasures and the treasures he would give me. It was incredible and brought me to tears. He is such an awesome guy.
WHO HAS MORE SIBLINGS: Dave, he has 8 and I have 5.
WHO WEARS THE PANTS: I like to think of us as a team. Most often we come up with decisions together. It definitely helps having the same values and beliefs.
I TAG: Jenn, Erin, Amber
The love of my life!

4 comments:

Emily said...

So cute Steph! I love reading about you and Dave. I have heard you tell some of those stories, and I had to laugh as I read the recap on them!

Erin said...

I love that you pointed to the word "marriage" in a book. That was pretty funny and cute. You will have to tell me more about your dating/early married life sometime. It sounds like you have some pretty neat and fun stories.

Renee said...

I remember the night you got engaged!

Renee said...

That comment was a practice for my blogging. I remember going to Rexburg for Todd's graduation--never made it because the van broke down at Craters of the Moon. Next day I'm with Steph and we're discussing where she will live and with whom the coming fall. She hemmed hawed around and said that maybe she wouldn't be living at Carriage House or with her roommates. I said, "Well, whatever we'll just have to get on it." Then she said, Maybe I'm going to get married!" Whoa, I was shocked and started screaming,"What?" Then I started to cry. After all it had been a difficult two days emotionally. Two days later at 1:30 in the morning she comes into my aunt's house and wakes me up to show me the ring and share the special poem Dave had written for her. I knew then that she had one special guy and I'm so grateful the two of them were married 2 months later and now have a beautiful family together. THANKS!