SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Monday, April 25, 2011

Little MIss Spunky

Valerie has an attitude, this is true. In fact, sometimes she even moves her neck back and forth when she is talking to me. Occasionally she will shake a finger. She doesn't have a lot of fear and tends to say it how it is.

So I was a little bit surprised when we visited the park the other day and she had a freak out moment. She had just witnessed the cops arresting and cuffing 2 teenagers at the corner of the park. That cop car then drove away. At first I didn't believe her until she came and got me and pointed to the frisking going on. A few minutes later 2 other cop cars pulled up and started climbing on the playground equipment and taking pictures??? I'm still not sure what they were looking for but all of the sudden I hear Valerie screaming and running through the playground. She is bawling hysterically and saying, "the cops are going to get me and take me away!"

I felt so bad. I had to try and calm her down and explain to her that she didn't do anything wrong. I could hear many snickers going on from people around us. I'm sure it seemed funny to an outsider but I felt so bad that she was so scared and could not stop shaking. I guess she will not be one to go to an officer and ask for help if she was ever in trouble. I think I am to blame for this. I have often been caught telling my kids to put their seatbelt on or the cops will pull us over. Hasn't everyone done that? Maybe I even slipped in there that I could go to jail during one of those times as I was passing a cop.



The other day Valerie was sitting at the bar while I was cooking and asked me why dad has to work so much. I told her one of the reasons was to make money so we can buy food to eat.

The next day Dave mentioned to me that Valerie seemed very concerned he was home all evening. She kept asking him, "Dad, why are you home?" Shouldn't you be at work?" "We need to have food to eat!"

We sure love this girl and her spunkiness!

No comments: