SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Abrir (Open)


The other night I was reading a book to Hailey (the book was not a Dora book). In the book was a picture of a goat trying to get through the fence with his head. I asked Hailey what that goat was trying to do? Hailey said, "Mom, he just needs to use his Spanish. All he has to do is walk around to the gate and say "abrir." (I think that is how you say open in spanish. All of my kids seem to know how to say it I just don't know how to spell it). Can you tell we watch a lot of Dora at our house? It is the only show Valerie will watch. I guess they are learning a little something. Maybe that will help us out if we ever go get to see Grandma & Grandpa in Mexico.

3 comments:

Mrs. Pollard said...

Hey Stephanie, It's the Stokes' LALA:) I think I'm finally getting a hang of this blog thing! I love your blog it's way cute. Hope you have a happy 4th. Take Care. Come check out my blog anytime!

Elise said...

LOL!!! Evan LOVES Dora. He's into the women already, but he sings that stinkin' chocolate song all the time. Though I can't spell it, maybe you can sing along. "Bota Bota, Chocolata!"
Don't know yet if we will see you guys at the Lake. Mike requested time off, but we haven't heard back yet.

Trav and Elise said...

Hey!! Your blog is SO fun. You have the cutest family. We are obsessed with Dora at our house too. I am not too great at my spanish and I think that may be Kendi's dominant language. Oops! love, Elise