SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Friday, June 27, 2008

Bye Bye Bottle, Hello Potty??

Yes! Valerie has officially been off the bottle for 1 month now. She is 21 months old. She still has her binki though. I have never had a baby take the bottle for so long but I haven't minded since there is not another baby on they way. She has been so fun and I have really enjoyed her being the baby. (hopefully the terrible 2's aren't right around the corner) Valerie is very interested in the potty, not by my doing. Last night she went and sat on the potty by herself and pooped. Being a nurse and a mom I have no trouble talking about that end of things but don't worry I won't post a picture of what was found in the potty. This was a big moment and everyone of us gathered around and cheered. Way to go Valerie. I hope she can potty train herself because I am not ready to start that yet.

4 comments:

Marilyn said...

Way to go Valerie!!!! Wow, you may just luck out with your last one and she will take care of the potty thing on her own. I would be so jealous since it took Conner till almost his 4th birthday! We still aren't out of the pull ups at night so officially, I'm still not done!

Sarah Stokes said...

Congrats, although I am having such a hard time hearing "your last", but I guess that came out of Maryilyn's mouth, not yours, so there is still hope for another Shirley baby, right? You guys make em' so cute why not make more!!

Don Anderson said...

Good Job Valerie! We are so proud of you. Please talk to your cousin Gavin and tell him that it is possible to "poop" in the potty. He likes to peep but we are having a struggle getting him to sit down. He wants to stand like Dad. Boys....

Elise said...

Wow! Isn't that early? But with so many siblings to look up to, I bet the kids just get faster and faster with some of the skills. Eli is SOOO attached to his pacifier. Evan only used one for 8 months, so I don't know how to get rid of it now, when he is so dependant.