SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Friday, June 20, 2008

Babysitting Warrior

Most people know that I am not a big pet person but my kids would love one. It just brings more work for me to do and I think I already have plenty to do. As luck would have it we have found a wonderful solution to this problem. We are a great foster family to pets and we love to babysit. Ashley has been waiting for weeks to be able to babysit Warrior overnight. He has had to be weaned from his mom before we could take him from the Stokes house. She won't let him out of her sight. I think this whole thing works out great because by the time they get tired of them it is time to go back to their home.


Playing dress up. Valerie is relieved she is not the victim for a change.

You would think my kids have never seen a kitten eat. They were all so excited for the first meal at our house!

Our foster dog, Bear. We haven't seen Bear in such a long time since he moved to Boise. He was the kids favorite pet. Big, but very gentle. Sometimes Ashley and Mikayla still cry at night because they miss Bear.

Let me remind everybody that we do have a dwarf or should I say midget bunny. We have had Shadow Jr. for 3 1/2 years. He lives in our garage. He occasionally goes on walks with his leash. Oh, don't let me forget that he is a Dad.

7 comments:

Cindy said...

Wow, you are nicer to your kids than I am. I don't even let them foster pets. They can take care of the animals at someone ELSE'S house. Yes, Patrick thinks I'm a big meanie because I say no to pets. :-)

sarah stokes said...

Well dear little friend - the joke is on you! This is what you would call an extended foster care, you see I feel we are not fit parents for Warrior. Having Brynlee around is just not a safe enviroment for Warrior, and I am afraid that the system may grant you full and "permamnent" custody over the kitten. I have tried to prove other wise, but the system is going to rule in favor of the foster mom Ashley. Although it pains me greatly to have to let him go, I know in my heart it is all in the interest of Warrior, and he will have a better life because of my selfless act to let him go. Take good care of our little one and if he ever wants to know who his real parents are wait until he is old enough to understand why I needed to do what I did - this is all I ask from you, Thank you...

Renee said...

Steph, I just read your blog about
Warrior. Believe me, it's a good
thing I'm not there--I wouldn't be able to visit you. You know me and my phobias about cats and snakes.
I know your children are having a good time. I agree with Cindy whoever she is.

Erin said...

I thought the pet "foster-parents" would be a good idea and appease Cam's desire for a dog. We watched a puppy for a week and our minds were quickly changed. No pets for us for awhile. . . unless I could have diapered the dog.

Emily said...

Ahhh, the sweet little kitty. He has made a few visits to my home and is never left unattended by his faithful caretaker, Ashley!

Amanda said...

Hello Shirleys! You have the cutest family-I wish I still babysat for you, your kids are so great and so fun!
I just came across your blog and wanted to let you know how much I miss your family-
-Amanda (Geary) Pickup
If you want to check out our blog-it's justinandamandapickup.blogspot.com

Marilyn said...

Wow, I am so glad to hear that you have opened a babysitting service, I may just have to take you up on it...I'll be there next week with Oliver and Chloe and you can keep them till we sell our house? How does that sound? They are great mousers....Yes Emily, you can borrow them too to train your new kitties. And don't worry, if they come up missing, we'll just chalk it up to our bad luck with animals, ie Rascal and Bodie!