SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Wednesday, September 5, 2012

EMERGENCY

July 2012
 While the boys were at high adventure Mikayla and I took a trip to the ER due to a severe allergic reaction to SALMON (we think).  The whole thing happened so quickly.  We were at our friends house the Pages when Kayla took a bite of unseasoned salmon made on a grill used for the first time.  Within a minute she came and found me and said her lips felt funny and was showing me a little cut she had on her front lip.  Right in front of my eyes her lips started swelling.  I tried to get her to swallow some Benadryl  without a lot of success.  She then complained about her gums feeling weird and that if felt like something was in her throat.  That was it, I loaded her up (left my kids with Mel again, she gets my gets all the time lately with any health emergencies) and headed to the ER.  Her lips were very deformed by the time we got there.  I called on the way so they were expecting us.  She got a an epi shot, a shot of solumedrol, and a shot of benadryl.  They were very painful and she was very scared.  We stayed in the ER for 3 1/2 hours before being able to go home.  She will now be carrying around an epi pen everywhere she goes - just in case.

These pictures were taken right before discharge so her lips were big but nothing like they were!

No comments: