SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Wednesday, September 12, 2012

20 years and counting!

On the morning of our 20 year anniversary Dave walked
into his office and saw the above on his desk. (I was able to sneak in there the night before).


The theme of the gift/date was TIME hence the hourglass. On the hourglass there was a quote that said, "In time all things grow old and weak but my love for you only grows stronger and better with every second of every day."

Then he opened the TIME magazine and was invited on a road trip down Memory Lane.




A half hour after seeing his invite, a Time Capsule bucket was delivered to him. On the capsule it said, "Our Love is Timeless."  There was a card attached that instructed him to open one gift from inside the capsule every half hour starting with the gift labeled 1992 and ending with 2012.








Here were the gifts of what was inside the capsule.  Each gift went along with a song that we liked and had special memories of over the years.  I had really fun thinking of all these ideas and remembering our earlier years!  One of the gifts was our wedding video that I had made into a DVD.  Some gifts were cheesy like mints and others had more meaning.  The one I really liked was a willow tree figurine couple dancing called, "The Promise."  I attached that to the song True Companion.  


That afternoon we took off to Utah and left our kids to hold down the fort for one night.  That was the first time ever we left them alone overnight. They did great.  Dave and I enjoyed shopping, eating at cheescake factory, walking around the SLC temple where we were married, and just doing nothing!

I got braces!  They are only supposed to be on for a few months but we will see how that goes.  I was at an appointment for one of my kids when the orthodontist decided he didn't like how my retainer was working. (I have had to get two new retainers in the past few months because Ty has thrown them down the toilet).  Dr. Michealson said he was slow and would put the braces on right then!  He further talked me into it by telling me he wouldn't even charge me.


I was shocked when the doorbell rang and I had a special delivery!  I was even more shocked when I found out the beautiful flowers and yummy chocolates were from my Mom and Dad in Argentina!  Thank you!



I also decided for my Anniversary I would treat myself and finally put on the new bedding I have had laying around for 6 months.  I painted my walls grey (color found on pinterest) from sage green.  I got rid of my ripped up bedding and the old blue recliner that all my kids had been using as a bed. Still got some work to do but it is coming along!




No comments: