SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

You are BUSTED!

With the help of a few of Cade's extra Mom's and myself we were able to come up with something clever for Cade on his 15th Birthday. He got sent on a EVIDENCE HUNT starting at school.

He was taken out of class in the afternoon by the Vice Principal. He was told that the dogs had been at the school sniffing the lockers and that his was suspicious for drugs. The VP needed him to come with her and open his locker. (I was a little worried about this because he seldom uses his locker and probably wouldn't know his combination or even where it was located). When he first opened his locker this is what he found:

A bag of powder and on it the note said, " You have been BUSTED and charged with possession of drugs at the age of 15! To pay back your charges you must return with all the evidence.

Clue #1: Since you are RED HOT with the law, you will need to cool off with a BLIZZARD!
(already paid for)

At Dairy Queen he was given
Clue #2: Now that you are shivering you will need to warm up. Go to a house that begins with N and ends with Cole.

(I thought this clue might throw him off into thinking it wasn't his mom making him go on the hunt but a girl. He wasn't fooled. He texted me and told me I was weird but I know that he was having a good time).

At Nicole's house he received a present that was a hoodie sweatshirt.
And Clue #3: Stop dragging your feet and go to the Racquetball Club and ask the front desk for some more evidence. (It worked out, with a little help from me, that one of his friends was older and had a car so they could drive around to all these places).
At the club he was given some socks and
Clue #4: One last destination to reach the MOTHER LOAD! You must pick up your final charge at a place that will supply your outdoor entertainment all winter long.

He made it to the Sporting Goods Store and was greeted with this card:
And on the inside:
My sources tell me Cade was nervous at first walking down the hall to his locker. I know he thought I was a little weird but I think he liked it and I know he is excited about his season snowboarding pass.
Happy Birthday Cade! We love you and are happy you are a part of our family.
Love, your MAMBA and your SUGAR DADDY!

1 comment:

@Sklake said...

How cool are you?! WAY TO GO MOM OF THE YEAR! I am stealing this idea and tweaking it for ou youth group!