SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Angels among us!

Ty is a busy little body with no cares in the world. He is adventurous and loves to explore. We now put duct tape on his gloves so that he will not take them off. I spend a lot of time looking for his gloves and hand pads because he can manage to get them off somehow even if it requires using his teeth. Most people when they see his gloves think they are part of his outfit seems how he does have a color to match every outfit, instead of a required use for his burned hands. I always get asked where I purchased them and where could they find a pair. Most people think they are little motorbike/riding gloves.

Recently we were all feeling relieved after returning from one of our many trips to Utah from a BYU football game. Cade has his permit and was driving us home. We were just about to get off the freeway to our exit when a big dirt cloud just barely missed the front of our car. We quickly pulled over to see what had happened. A four wheeler come out of a trailer from a truck in front of us and had barely missed our tahoe and was still rolling on the ground. We all took a deep breath and said a little prayer that we had "angels among us" watching over our family.

Not even a half an hour later we were at home unpacking the Tahoe when we noticed Ty was not to be found anywhere. (Unpacking and loose Ty never equal good) I started looking up and down the neighborhood with no luck. I started calling for the whole family to help. We were all getting very worried. I must have had the frantic look as I was running down the road because a car stopped me and asked me if I was looking for a little boy. They told me they saw a little boy of few roads over with a lot of people standing around. Ty had gone out of our neighborhood across one of the BUSIEST roads in our town and had kept going down another road. He was on his motorized four wheeler that goes very fast, thanks to his Uncle Ben. I was frantic and grateful all at once as I ran to find him. He had caused a few people to stop and wonder who he was. They were following him on his 4 wheeler. I grabbed him and one guy said, "you better take the keys away from him." Ty looked like he was just enjoying life riding his 4 wheeler with his riding(burn) gloves on. Once again, I was so grateful it was a Sunday and the rode was not as busy as usual and that kind people had stopped to protect him. Thank you angels!

My brothers give Ty a hard time because he is taking up all the angels time. They say the angels can't even get a lunch break! In fact they tried once and that is when Ty burned his hands.


1 comment:

Britt said...

I told Ben about this - we got a pretty good chuckle (only after making sure he was ok, of course)! We can just picture him cruising down the street :)
Hope you guys have a great Christmas!