SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Sunday, November 30, 2008

Catching Up!

Thanksgiving was wonderful. I have so much to be grateful for. This was the first year I cooked a turkey for people that I remembered to take out the gibblets. We had 3 of my brothers over for the weekend. We did a whole lot of nothing. I did get up for shopping the next morning. I even took Dave with me to my first stop. He wasn't excited about it but he was a good sport. I gave him his map and sent him off in one direction and I went the other. He was back in bed by 6:30 am and I was on to the next stop with Melanie. Upon my retun of shopping, I was hoping to hit the bed. But to my surprise I came home to all the Christmas stuff spread all over the house. Mikayla wanted the tree up so she could wrap her present for Valerie and put it under the tree. I guess we will try and hold off Valerie for and entire month or 25 more sleeps! (as Hailey would say)


Nov/Dec. always brings around lots of performances. Ashley performed at halftime of a basketball game for tumbling. We even managed to get her hair up in a spiderweb despite it being short. Mikayla had her first ever ballet performance. She looked so adorable out there!


Last weekend we headed up to Boise to watch the BYU/Utah football game. Yes, I said Boise. We couldn't get it on our TV and it was an away game so we decided to make a party of it with my brothers. It turned out to be not the greatest party for BYU fans. We still had a good time though.
It was my brother, Justin's 28th birthday. My sweet little Cade made him a gingerbread cake and put a "J" on it out of whip cream. He did this all by himself! I soon hope to assign him a night to make dinner!

Dave had a conference in Sun Valley a few weeks ago. I was able to sneak up there for one night. It is not easy finding a babysitter overnight on a school night. One more reason I can't wait for my mom and dad to come home!

5 comments:

Erin said...

I heard your Thanksgiving dinner was amazing! The boys had a great time. It was fun seeing you in Boise. Come again soon.

Sarah Stokes said...

I have been on the phone with you before (a few times) when you have stopped and said, "wait, where am I going?"

Marilyn said...

So fun to see some new photos of the fam. The girls look absolutely darling for their performances! Congrats on the turkey, I'm sure everything else was wonderful too.

Elise said...

So...I laughed a little when you asked if we were coming for Christmas. Um, no. Mike was lucky just to get the day off for christmas, but he will be working everyother day that week, and thru New Years. Soooooo LAME!! I love being married to an Intern. Have some Shirley candy for me, but not too much. I'm watching my figure.

Melanie Page said...

steph I love your good knew news.