SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Wednesday, May 7, 2008

New to Me!

BeforeI just finished redoing my table. Enough with the beechwood or whatever it is called. We have had this table since we first got married 15 years ago. It had been drawn on, painted on, permanently marked with fingernail polish, and my favorite - slashed with marks from a knife. I decided it was time for a makeover. I am now contemplating redoing my kitchen cabinets. Anyone have any ideas of how to darken oak cabinets without having to sand and restain??

As I got looking around my house I noticed that most all of my furniture has been re-done by me. This crib was mine when I was a baby. It made it through me, five brothers, and now five of my kids. They just don't make things like they used to anymore. I have learned some pointers along the way. I do like oil based paint - anything to cut down on priming and sanding!


3 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, they look great. I can't believe your table took the new paint so well. I would love to learn how to do that, all I can do is sand and distress.

Marilyn said...

Holy Cow!! The table looks so AWESOME!!! Do you just love it? Now onto the cabinets?????

The Peterson's said...

The table looks great! Good luck with cabinets. I like to make over furniture too but so far I am still in the begginer stages. Hopefully I will get better at it someday. :) If I ever move to Burley I hope you wil give me some pointers.