SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day

I have decided that Mother's Day is my new favorite holiday. I have gotten spoiled today and have loved every second of it. First off, I didn't have to speak in church like I originally thought I would. Dave had tricked me and said that we both had to speak in church and then fell asleep and forgot to tell me he was kidding and only he had to speak in church. Dave did speak in sacrament meeting and did a marvelous job. After church my kids sent me straight to bed to be alone. How I love alone time (probably because it so rarely happens) I could sleep, read, watch TV, or do anything I wanted. They then started making me a feast and served me a 3 course meal. They gave me a present and my favorite, home made cards and drawings. They have been on their best behavior. I think this holiday should be more often. This is also my time (once a year) that I get to give Dave a honey do list and he goes to town. Yesterday he put in both of my sinks in the downstairs bathroom. They are even functional. Tomorrow, he will hook up the shower and let me soak in the big tub. I do love him and think he is one heck of a dad and husband. I am also very grateful for my own mom and the great example she has been to me.

Cade got all dressed up this morning (he even wore a tie) and helped me get the girls ready. Thanks Cade!

My cutest baby and her binki, yes she now has a binki that she likes in her mouth most of the day. I have never had any children who have used a binki and Valerie didn't even start until she was over 1 year old. Now what do I do?

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

Oh how I loved the binki, keeps their mouths busy and sleeping comes much easier. The way I got rid of it with Conner is once he started to chew holes in them (he used them for teething) we told him they were broken and he was fine with them being gone. Good luck....did I tell you how much I LOVE your table! You did such an awesome job!!!

Emily said...

What a great day! Mine was good as well, but I do feel like I spent Monday putting my house back together. I did nothing on Sunday and they fed me and let me rest. But today I paid for it a bit. Oh well, at least Sunday was nice!