SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Monday, October 28, 2013

Straight from the mouth

I am just getting a new phone and have to transfer all my notes somewhere so here goes.  I have stared writing on my phone things my kids say right when they say it or I will forget.  Here are some of them.  Ty is 3, Valerie 6, Hailey 8. Love it!  I wish I would write down more.....

January 6th 2013
I told Ty to tell the missionaries that he was a Sunbeam today in church.  "He replied, "I'm going to be a sunbeam for Halloween."  Looks like I still have some teaching to do.

January 9, 2013
Hailey asked, "Dad who is insurance?"
Dave replied, "why do you ask?"
Hailey, " because you always say insurance paid for this but won't pay for that. So who is it?"

January 20, 2013
We were having missionaries and Margarita over and I was trying to figure out how to get the potsticker smell out of our house.  Hailey said, "Mom just go on pinterest and find out how to make the potstickers not stink!"

Febuary 13, 2013
Ty said to Kayla after she broke her leg snowboarding, "It's ok Kayla it's me Ty."  She was in her room crying and he went and found her.  
  
April 14, 2013
I was reading BOM picture book to Ty.  He saw a picture of Mormon with a shield and asked, "Is that Captain America?"  Oops more teaching to do.

May 12, 2013
Hailey said on Mother's Day, "I just don't understand why don't they have a kids day?"  She was very serious.

May 28, 2013
Ty saying prayers with Dad.  He said, "thankful Mom could go to work and come home so she could give me hugs and say I miss you and I love you!"  Oh how I love that little guy.

June 19, 2013
Valerie was at Calli's (my neighbor friend with one child).  Calli was doing dishes and Valerie said to her, "I bet you get really tired cuz you don't have enough kids to do your work."  

June 30, 2013
"To know and not to do is not to really know"

July 4, 2013
"Mom I bet you never had a funny boy like me!"  Ty said as he struck a pose and said, "Gangham Style" and then he started singing "Little Girls" from Annie play.  He knows every word to the song thanks to the girls being in the play.

July 22, 2013
Dave had surgery, a hernia repair.  I was gone but Kim Seely came and knocked at the door and Ty answered and said, "Dad can't come to the door cuz he has a scratch and I can't jump on him or play by him." 

August 6, 2013
Hailey's friend asked if Ty cried a lot when he doesn't get what he wants.  Mom replied, yes.  Valerie jumped in and said, "no he doesn't cry a lot cuz he always gets what he wants!"

September 1, 2013
Ty said, "remember yesterday when we watched the BYU game and had blue drinks and chicken weenies!"  Instead of chicken wings.

September 1, 2013
Valerie was so concerned about this Miley Cyrus thing on MTV awards where she stripped of most of her clothes but a nude leotard and was very suggestive.  She saw a clip of her on the news at McDonald's.  Hannah Montana has been her idol and this was shocking to her (and me).  We had a good talk that night and then she prayed for her to make better choices.  

No comments: