SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Tuesday, May 15, 2012

All Boy!


Ty loves trucks and cars!  In fact he has to have them all lined up in his crib just right in order to go to sleep.  I hear him in there playing forever before he finally falls asleep.  Not only does he like little cars but he likes his battery operated jeep and his sisters battery operated Barbie jeep.  He has been found cruzing around on the main road out of our subdivision a few times this past month.  He has caused quite a scare!  I don't know if people have been more shocked seeing a little boy in underwear only in a pink jeep or seeing a toy jeep driving on the road with a little boy who looks like he is supposed to be there! He has no sense of boundaries.  He runs and never stops or hops on a jeep and doesn't look back.  We have tried several different ideas to lock him inside.  He has destroyed child protector covers from right off our knobs.  Thankfully, nice people have found him and notified us and he has not been injured!  I must say I am scared to leave him at home with anyone anymore when I'm gone.  I don't like getting phone calls that ask, "Where is Ty?"

It has been brought to my attention that I should pin a note to his back or get an alert bracelet that says, "RETURN TO OWNER"  and has my number on it.  Seriously, that is not a bad idea but if I did that I would already be admitting that I am going to lose him!  Because of this recent problem, the whole family has made an effort to teach him how to answer the questions, "What is your name?" and "How old are you?"  He gets the answers to the questions backwards sometimes.   When someone asks his name he will say 2!  He also know how to spell his name so sometimes when asked his name he replies by spelling it T Y.  

 Partners in Crime
Ty & Slade Page

Hooray!  Ty is potty trained. 2 years and 4 months!  He is still not potty trained at night although last night he was dry all night.  Hopefully that is a sign of what is to come!  No more buying diapers for my kiddos ever again!

I love this kid! 
I found him coming in from the garage with a bike helmet on backwards
 and fuzzy socks for his hands that were obviously cold!

No comments: