SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Back to School

Time sure does fly. It seems like I just got summer figured out and now we will be back to having to follow a strict schedule in order to fit it all in! I decided to have a BACKWARDS dinner for BACK TO SCHOOL NIGHT. Like usual, I seem to have the most fun planning it. For our dinner we had CHEESEBURGERS. But these were not the typical cheeseburgers. They were made out of cookies and frosting. So yes, we had desert first. I next served everybody PIE. It was really shepherds pie that I put in a pie crust and died the potatoes red.


The Poulsens came and joined us for our BACKWARDS DINNER.

So I had to take pictures 2 days in a row because everything was so rushed. It doesn't help that we have been going to bed so LATE and have difficulty getting up early. Scripture reading, breakfast, doing hair to perfection all takes TIME!

HAILEY 1ST GRADE
Hailey was so excited for 1st grade! She appears to everyone to be quiet and watchful but when you let her loose on the tumbling floor she can go wild. She has learned how to do her 3 back handsprings in a row and now is starting to work on her back whip. I have found that I really miss my Hailey Bailey Pudding Pie in the morning. She is so cheerful and helpful. She is adjusting to going to school all day. This year has already been a change for her because she says there are some kids who never listen and always get in trouble. She has such a tender heart and never wants to see conflict even if she is not involved. This seems to really bother her. Last year her kindergarten class had 23 girls and 3 boys. She knew everybody and she said everybody listened. Ohhhh welcome to the world my little Hailey. Its hard for me to leg go sometimes and not keep her under her sheltered life.


MIKAYLA 4TH GRADE
Mikayla is starting 4th grade. Her teacher is my cousin, Linda Hosteen. Sad to say she won't get to be in her class all day because she will be taking honors english and math. She will be getting back into the swing of practicing her violin and playing volleyball. Mikayla has been doing her own hair for a year. She can curl it, straighten it, crimp it, and do just about anything to it all by herself! I love it! She loves her skinny jeans and I love when I can find some that actually fit her!


ASHLEY 6TH GRADE
Ashley is my social butterfly. She was ready to get back to school and see all of her friends. She was also very excited to get feathers in her hair for the first day of school (Thanks Mel - it sure helps having a friend who is a pro at hair and does things after hours!) Ashley will be clogging this year with a girl team and a mixed girl/boy team. She is also participating in city league volleyball with me as her coach. Piano lessons are a must but I need to find a teacher!

CADE 9TH GRADE
Cade will now be in his first year of HIGHSCHOOL! He is starting his FRESHMAN year and I can hardy believe it. He is now taller than me at 5' 10 1/2. He finished Drivers Ed this summer and will have his license in January. I am finding he likes to run errands with me now so he can drive (he has to drive with an adult for 6 months). Cade loves computers and ended up getting in a web design class this semester but he is the only freshman in his class.

No comments: