SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Monday, August 25, 2008

Twin Falls Temple Excitement!

I must say I have never had my heart racing so fast as I was able to attend a temple dedication at our stake center. Not only was my heart racing because of the excitement for a temple to be built and dedicated in our area but I was also able to perform CPR in front of hundreds of people as a gentleman collapsed sitting a few rows in front of us. He did survive with some divine intervention. I am convinced it helps to have the Lord on your side.

As things settled down I couldn't help but feel the spirit watching and listening to President Monson. I know that he is our living prophet today and he is called of God. I so enjoyed his sense of humor while putting mortar on the cornerstone and was touched as he spoke of the work there is for us to do at the temple.

I feel so blessed to have the gospel in my life. I am thankful for the peace, comfort, and guidance that the gospel can bring. Today inspired me to want to be a better mother, friend, and neighbor.

I am also so grateful for the Priesthood. Dave was able to give all of the kids father's blessings last night. After listening to them all I thought you know what I could use a mother's blessing. Like I say I am a firm believer of having the Lord on your side.

3 comments:

Renee said...

Stephanie, tears are rolling down my cheeks as I just finished reading your sweet testimony and your experience in doing CPR for the man who collapsed. You are a wonderful wife, friend, and mother. I am blessed to have you as my daughter. I'm grateful to you and Dave for your dedicated parenting skills and for the opportunity he had to give priesthood blessings to your children. Know we love you very much.

Julie said...

Seriously?! That is crazy you had to do CPR-it's very intimidating but you do it when you have to. Go Nurse Steph! The Temple looks beautiful; I haven't see it yet. Your girls are so beautiful! Hope to see you sometime soon!

Emily said...

You saved the day Steph! Seriously...you probably saved that guy's life. And I agree with all else you said. It was truly a wonderful, uplifting day. How blessed we are!