SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Monday, January 19, 2009

Wise words from the kiddos

My kids sometimes say the cutest things (even if I only think its cute) but I forget to write them down. Be prepared because I am going to start writing them down. Since I don't really have a journal and can't find the time to scrapbook the blog will have to do.



Hailey: Your head is big like Dora's, huh Dad?









Ever since I watched a friend's baby last week, Valerie has been having some difficulties. First off, she kicked the binki habit a few months ago. But as soon as she saw the baby she started crying for a binki and a bottle. She wanted me to hold her and she even wet her pants 3 times in 1 day! (She has been potty trained for 6 months). I realized we all call her "baby" not Valerie. "Baby come here" "Where is the baby" "Is the baby buckled?" In fact Ashley asked her what her name was and she responded, "baby." I decided to start making an effort to call her Valerie.

Last night Valerie and I were alone driving in the car and she said out of nowhere, "Mom, my name is Valerie Elle." She said it in the sweetest little voice. I didn't even know she knew her middle name was Elle.

A while back Ashley asked me if she could have a sleepover. I reminded her of our rule of no sleepovers. She said, "remember when Cade had a sleepover 3 years ago?" I told her I remembered and that we were experimenting with Cade back then and since then we have had this new rule. A few nights later she asked if she could be an experiment and have a sleep over.

3 comments:

Brandon said...

Thanks for dinner last week, it was good to stop by and see the fam. You need to come up with everyone so we can take them snowmobiling. Lets plans something

Sarah Stokes said...

Who are you kidding - I still call my 11 year old baby boy!! :)


P.S. our little shopping excursion cost me a little over $200.00 in Veterinary bills....

Laura Barrett said...

That's hilarious, maybe I might have to wait if I ever needed to call you to watch Joe:) I know how hard it is to get back to square one (Joe still wakes up not once but twice now in the night, since our vacation throw-off)
Oh by the way, we just went to the fam doc for Tyler, thanks for calling me back though:)