SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Thursday, August 21, 2008

School is In!

We survived the 1st day of school! I think this is the first time in years I will only have 2 kids at home all day instead of 2 1/2 or 3. The one thing I am excited about is not having to do lunch for 5 kids when we just had breakfast. Ashley and Mikayla were so excited for 3rd and 1st grade. Of course we had to get new backpacks even though their backpacks from last year are in perfectly good shape. I will definitely be missing their help at home. Ashley has turned into quite the little babysitter. Mikayla has taken on the nickname "Sunshine" because she is always smiling and in good spirits.
Cade is in the sixth grade this year. He did not want to cooperate with pictures this year so I had to take another one of him on the second day of school. I am realizing he is growing up. This year when I took him school shopping he had to choose all of his clothes and did not like it if I made any suggestions. He walked into the dressing room to try on clothes and I tried to follow him like I normally would do. Big mistake! I guess the time has crept up on me and he really is old enough to change in the dressing room all by himself. Cade thinks school is going to be so boring but I secretly think he is excited to go. He is so easy going - I guess he kind of has to be with 4 girls at home. He is glad our downstairs bathroom is working now and so am I so we can have more showers operating at one time.


Valerie gets to stay home with me and keep being the baby. She is so fun and cuddly. She sat up on the bathroom counter today and said, "Mom, do my hair!" That is very unlike her to want her hair done.
Hailey also gets to hang out with me. Her energy will keep me hopping all day. She will be going to gymnastics this year and can hardly wait.

At breakfast today we had some eggs.
Valerie: I want some more eggs. (kind of hard to understand due to her binki in her mouth)

Mom: What did she say?

Hailey: I think she said, "I love Hailey"

1 comment:

Marilyn said...

Wow, your kids are growing up so fast and SO BEAUTIFUL!!! Except Cade of course, he's just too cool! I sure wish I could've been there to help you this week, Conner would have loved to have Hailey and Valerie at our house. He is so bored now that Kenzi and Kaden have gone back to school. I've even resorted to playing a Little People CD with kids songs to keep him entertained. Driving me crazy but he seems to like it. He is so anxious for his "school" to start. We even went and got "school supplies", and a backpack for him yesterday. Next year I'll be all by myself, not too unhappy about that but it will be a change.