SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Tuesday, January 3, 2012

It's Finally Here!

The kids were out of school an entire week before Christmas. The excitement was building daily. It was 2 days before Christmas and I had not wrapped one present. One of Hailey's friends came over and asked if we were not having Christmas because there was nothing under our tree. Luckily my neighbor called and asked if she could wrap presents for me. (How she even knew was beyond me. My wise daughter Ashley said it was an answer to my prayers). I was so happy as I had not had anytime to get this done. I loaded up some armfuls of gifts and dropped them off. They came back wrapped beautifully. So nice and appreciated!

We were excited to have 2 of my brothers, Brandon and Derek, spend Christmas with us. Brandon got the whole family BYU beanies! We were all thrilled to put them on Christmas morning. We had fun with the uncles playing games, going to the movies, watching funny you tube clips, and having never ending shoulder rides!

We ate our traditional Christmas Eve candlelight dinner that keeps getting added too each year. We had calzones, shrimp, raspberry frape, and Subway? We then headed to the family room for the nativity story. Everyone cooperated very well this year because they were anxious to move on to opening up their one, well two gifts. (We didn't pull a Jim, my dad, and open up all of our presents on Christmas Eve!)


Kayla and her ipod touch

Ashley with her new snowboarding clothes and her first ever phone

Cade and his new phone. Dave got me one too. I am hoping Cade will figure it all out for us!

Lalaloopsy dolls were a big hit from Santa Clause this year. I know the elves were working hard on making these because they could not be found anywhere!


Ty was extremely happy getting car pajamas. He was also very excited seeing his new truck from Santa at 5:45 am.

Hailey woke up to her dream gift Christmas morning. A gymnastics bar! She has gone crazy on the thing. She even has a 10 inch long bruise behind her knee/leg to prove it!

Derek opened up his gift and found several 1 dollar bills individually curled up with a ribbon. The girls enjoyed doing this. At the bottom of the cash he found a random picture of a girl who must have been a BSU fan according to her shirt. The girls thought this was a funny joke because really Mikayla wanted to get him a real girl off the internet. This gave us a good laugh.

These two girls through on their matching American Girl doll clothes and we headed to church Christmas morning. What a great sacrament meeting we enjoyed singing and hearing Christmas songs about our Savior, Jesus Christ.

No comments: