SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Monday, January 30, 2012

Girls Weekend Out!

We did it! We finally found a time where 3 of us could get together and PARTY! I met with 2 of my sister in laws, Jenn and Erin. We wanted my mom to join us but she was way too far out of the country to catch up with us. Don't worry Mom we will do this again when you get home from your mission! We were grateful she could lend us her unoccupied house as we all headed to Meridian without kids! We slept in, talked, shopped, ate, and talked some more! We did break girl rules and met with my brothers for eating at Cheescake factory and watching a BYU basketball game. Overall we had tons of fun and were so relaxed because we had absolutely no schedule! It felt great to be rejuvenated. We were all so grateful for our awesome husbands back home taking on double roles as mom and dad for 3 nights and 4 days!
As we were wondering in the mall we decided to visit Sephora and get our eyes made over. This was tons of fun. We each walked out of there with less money and a little tingling feeling on our lips from our new lip plumper gloss!


Cheescake Factory
Kind of funny that there were 3 girls and 3 boys (Justin, Brandon, Derek) and none of us were couples. We talked and laughed for a good 3 hours while all of us ate our favorite chicken dish (Justin was the only one who strayed from Chicken Medero).

The second day of shopping turned into finding suits for Dave. I thought we would be in and out of one store especially since he was not even there to try them on. Don't all suits kind of look the same. There really isn't a lot of options, right? Wrong! It was more time consuming than I thought but at the end of it all we chose 3 suits that had to be ordered and I still ended up getting the after Christmas sale! Dave should be set for another 15 years!I love my sis in laws like they were my own sisters (if I had any sisters). Even though they are younger than me I so look up to them. They are smart, talented, fun, good mothers, faithful church goers, and end up doing it all! Kind of funny that we are all 3 nurses (well actually Erin is a nurse practioner). Thanks for a great weekend! You guys are inspirational!

Of course I missed the family and was excited to come home and see them all! I realized I really do have all that is really important. There will always be material things I want but I feel blessed to have such a good family and knowledge of the gospel. How can I not be happy!

2 comments:

Renee said...

Wow! You three look amazing! All of your eyes are so beautiful--just like the beautiful women you are. I'm so happy you enjoyed a super weekend and I'm happy you were able to stay at the house and could also spend time with the single boys. The suits look great Stephanie. Dave should be the talk of the town. Your children are blessed to call you their mothers.

Renee said...

Wow! You three look amazing! All of your eyes are so beautiful--just like the beautiful women you are. I'm so happy you enjoyed a super weekend and I'm happy you were able to stay at the house and could also spend time with the single boys. The suits look great Stephanie. Dave should be the talk of the town. Your children are blessed to call you their mothers.