SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Sunday, January 6, 2013

Uh Oh!

Two nights before Thanksgiving while picking up girls from clogging I got a hysterical phone call from Hailey.  I heard screaming but no actual words.  I hung up because I had only been gone for less than 5 minutes and sometimes she just gets that way and just needs alone time to calm down.   I walk in the door a few minutes later and see Cade holding a very bloody Ty boy!  I saw blood from head to bare toes.  I could see the whites of his eyes only and had no idea where blood was coming from.  As the story goes, he was pushed into the edge of the door.  Hailey and Valerie started screaming and Cade came upstairs and saw Ty and thought he dumped red Kool Aid over his head.  He quickly learned it was blood and started holding pressure. 

Needless to say we earned a trip to the ER.  Ty is now a pro at hospital trips and didn't seem to be bothered.  They put the numbing stuff on his head and he went and looked at the fish -- all smiles.  He didn't cry at all once he made it to the hospital.  They were talking about wrapping him up on the papoose board so he would lie still while putting in the stitches.  I voted to try it without first.  His head, except for the wound and his whole upper body was covered with a sterile drape.  I held his little hands under the drape.  He did amazing.  He got 6 stitches and about halfway through he said with the sweetest little voice, "I'm holding so still huh Mama."  It melted my heart and the people working on him.  He did amazing and even more amazing was the Dr. (who we have come to know from frequent visits) didn't even charge us.  THANK YOU!




With all the commotion that night I forgot to put the turkey in the fridge from the counter.  It stayed out all night and half of the next day before I realized we couldn't eat it if we didn't want to risk getting food poisoning.  Luckily I was able to find the LAST unfrozen turkey in town so Thanksgiving was still able to happen at the Shirley home!

No comments: