SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Monday, January 7, 2013

Random Cade

Photo: Me and Noah with the bestest person ever! ..... Jaime! 


Noah, Jaime, Cade
Cade along with the priests and laurels were able to go to Island Park over Christmas Break to go snowmobiling.  They stayed in cabins and all came back safely!
 Homecoming week at Highschool
This year their school did a lip dub that turned out awesome!
 Cowboy Day
 Cade spent a night working at a Haunted House

Cade is a great kid and brings a lot of happiness to our home.  This past fall I learned a lesson and I guarantee I will never forget it!  

It  was a Saturday morning and all the kids wanted to know their jobs so they could get them done and hurry out with friends.  I told Cade his job was to get rid of the old flowers from my pots and from the front flower beds.  He was also to replant the plant in the backyard that the dog had dug up.  

Just a little background here.  This past summer, after living in our house 10 years, I decided it was up to me to landscape the backyard.  We had a patio poured but that was about it.  I had curbing poured and then went shopping for deals on plants/shrubs, flowers, etc.  I put down ground cover and planted plants and then put decorative rock in the flower beds.  I was pretty proud because it was finally not so ugly!

Well, Cade did his job that Saturday then left for his friends home.  I came outside in the backyard later on that fall day and and stood there shocked!  Tears started coming.  He had pulled out all of my plants/shrubs! At least 300 dollars worth, not to mention all the work!  I called him home from his friends.  I tried to gain control of my feelings.  We got out all the plants/shrubs from the garbage and attempted to replant them.  (Later on our dog ended tearing them all out again).  

It was hard for me to be made at him because he truly thought he was just doing his job.  The front flower beds were cleaned out nicely.  Every year I plant petunia's in the front yard and take them out in the fall when they are dead.  I guess he thought he was going the extra mile and doing the backyard.  

I had to apologize to him because it was all a misunderstanding. I learned I had to explain jobs way more in detail, check on his progress, and not assume he will just understand!

That experience went right along with a talk I heard soon after this incident.  It was in stake conference by Pres. Allen.  He said, "we can't assume our kids will know right and wrong just because they have been attending primary or seminary or going to church.  We have to teach them!" We have to be present.


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Stumbled across your blog and I have to stay....what a beautiful family you have!! LOVE your blog header!

Jayma @ http://jaymastips.blogspot.com

Have a Blessed Day!