SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Friday, September 14, 2012

Baptism




8 is Great!
Hailey turned 8 and was baptized on September 1st 2012.  We had debated on whether or not to have her baptism in Utah because a lot of the family was there and would be able to attend.  Even a lot of the Kellers were there for a BYU game.  In the end we decided just to stay in Burley.  I was glad we did as I was able to attend the precious funeral of my friends newborn baby.  

I worked on Saturday and was shocked to come home and see Grandma and Grandpa Shirley, Rad, Wendy, Olivia, Alex, and Elle.  Hailey was so happy to have them all there.  They played in the terrible storm outside. We had tornado warnings that afternoon with incredible rain, wind, and hail.  They were soaked but loving every second of it.  By night the storm was over and they slept outside in the backyard in our tent.  Hailey enjoyed eating her favorite food sweet potatoes on this special day.  She was so excited to open up two gifts.  Scriptures from Grandma and Grandpa Keller and scripture case (loaded with pencils, treats, kleenex) from Grandma and Grandpa Shirley. 












Hailey's cute personality shining through!

How happy I was to see Hailey getting baptized and dressed all in white.  This past month my testimony has been strengthened as I have been a part of many events.  Besides family reunions, Dave and I celebrated our anniversary, our niece was married in the temple, my brother blessed their new baby boy, one of my good friends buried her perfect little baby girl, and then Hailey was baptized to become a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Saints and received the gift of the Holy Ghost.  How grateful I am for the plan of salvation and the knowledge that families can be together forever. 

When I was walking home from Elsie's funeral (my friends baby who just lived a few moments)  I saw Dave and kids pulling up in the car into our driveway.  They had left the day before to a BYU football game and were just returning home.  For the game everyone was supposed to wear white to create a "whiteout."  The kids got out of the car still all dressed in white and came running towards me with big smiles.  This made me think that this is how heaven will be. Our loved ones meeting and greeting us.  I know that little baby Elsie was welcomed with open arms and once again I am grateful for eternal families.

1 comment:

Renee said...

Beautiful. Love little Hailey. So proud of you.