SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Phew!



After a small fortune on labs, a not so happy baby Ty with a suction catheter down his nose, and hours of waiting, we found out Ty had tested negative for RSV but had bronchiolitis with RSV type symptoms. With Ty's record with hospitals, I guess I should have known we would be staying at the hospital. I seriously am considering having a bag packed in my car like pregnant ladies do just in case we end up in the hospital without time to go home and get our belongings.

For once I had no trouble getting back to see the Dr. even though I didn't have an appointment. Really, the secretary at the front office should know me by now and just have my room reserved but she likes to exert her control. Luckily the nurse was walking by at the perfect time when I was pleading my case that he was not breathing very well......

I should have taken him in the night before but instead Dave and I waited out the night not sleeping because we were so nervous Ty would stop breathing. He also managed to keep us awake with the occasional need to clean up throw up. Maybe that is the nurse in me that always tries to wait it out. Guess that can be a good and bad thing.

Anyway after a few days in the hospital Ty has made a speedy recovery and glad to be home in his own bed. I am so thankful for the little things you forget to notice like CRYING and WIGGLING! Poor guy was so sick and lethargic he just laid there limp and moaned occasionally. Again, I felt lucky to have my good friend Mel who came and rescued my other kids and watched over them so I could stay in the hospital and snuggle my fevered little guy. Our Relief Society President brought Mikayla to her house one day because she was home sick. She also brought us dinner and breakfast. Other friends helped drive my kids to school. These past few months I have felt like we have become the wards "project." I am so grateful for everyone who has helped us out a moments notice....and there has been many.

Its crazy how my thinking can change so fast within hours. I wake up Monday morning concerned and a little stressed about how am I going to get everything done. There is always so much to do from laundry to practicing to running my kids around in all directions. I sometimes wonder if I could just clone myself so I could be two places at once. And then BAM something happens and NONE of that matters at all. I could live without all of it and my family could still be happy maybe even happier??? Maybe its time to SIMPLIFY my life and focus on what matters most. These are just some thoughts that ran through my mind as I sat in the hospital, again, holding my dear precious helpless baby Ty. I am still not sure what Heavenly Father thinks I am not quite learning from all of our hospital trips but I do know that he hasn't given up on me yet.

1 comment:

Erin said...

I'm SO glad that Ty is doing better. He is one tough cookie. You are too, and I'm glad that you have so many good friends to help you out. I was a little late in knowing about your most recent hospital stay, so I wish I could have been more helpful, even with a phone call or something. Sorry about that. We are looking forward to seeing you in May. Take care!