SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Tuesday, June 2, 2009

To eat or not to eat?

Baseball season has caused quite the dilemma for my family about eating. We can count on being out at the fields 4 nights a week which leads to the question, "When do we eat dinner?" If we eat dinner before the game then everybody (despite all of the millions of tootsie rolls at the game) is hungry after the game. If we eat after the game then no one gets to bed until way too late and my kitchen is always messy! If it was up to me we probably would never eat but Dave on the other hand should secretly be a chef. He actually enjoys cooking. Last night I made a full on dinner eaten at 6:00 before the game. I cleaned up so I could come home to a clean kitchen. (I like coming home to clean counters). I walk upstairs at 10:00pm and Dave is grilling hamburgers and hot dogs for our second meal of the night!!!! We are all going to get way too fat if we keep up with the 2 dinners a night!

2 comments:

Marilyn said...

If we would just go to bed at a normal time in the summer, we wouldn't realize we were hungry again. I'm always ready for a snack about9:00 but not a whole dinner! Dave is way to nice, maybe you should come to IF and start a restaurant!

Tasha said...

Amen! I have the exact same problem with 3 kids' games. My problem is when to cook - so a lot of times I don't, so far we have been having pizza, soup, and sandwiches most game nights. So if you are getting 2 meals, just feel lucky!