SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Thursday, March 5, 2009

Sunshine Shirley turns 7

Since Mikayla was a little girl Dave has called her "Sunshine." She is such a sweetie and makes everyone around her happy. For her 7th birthday Dave got her a necklace with a sun on it. She wears it non-stop (although not in this picture). I thought it was so sweet that Dave did this all on his own. What a good idea. I was relieved it wasn't a surprise animal. Last time he did a surprise gift on his own we ended up with a bunny. Not that I don't love the bunny I just didn't want to start potty training a dog.

Things I love about Mikayla:
Her smile.
Her compassion for other people.
When she makes me love notes and pictures.
Watching her be so kind to her sisters.
Letting Valerie crawl in bed with her during the night.
Listening to her sing to her ipod when she thinks no one is watching her.
Her desire to do good.

Although Mikayla did not have a sleepover party, I couldn't resist making this cake. I thought it turned out adorable. Thanks Tasha for the idea and pointers! I actually got the cake out of the pan without it falling into pieces!



Mikayla has been dying to get her ears pierced again! She watches Ashley match her earrings to her outfit every morning and couldn't wait to do it for herself. Mel took her to the salon and shot her. She was brave and beaming again from ear to ear. Hopefully we will have better luck this time without them getting infected.


Mikayla had some crazy fun girls over after school for games, crafts, and a piniata. It snowed terribly bad that day (February 26th) so we ended up doing to piniata in the garage. I am happy to report no one got injured and everyone had plenty of sugar. We topped off the party by loading up the sugar filled girls and eating pizza at Al's pizza. Happy Birthday Mikalya! We love you.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

What a darling cake. Happy Birthday to Mikayla, she's such a sweet little girl. We love you Kayla and wish we were there to join in on the fun. Maybe we should come there for our spring break. I need to know how you made that cake, I will probably steel the idea in the future. Love you all Shirley Bunch!

Renee said...

Happy Late Birthday, Mikayla. You are such a sweetheart. I can hardly wait to come home and go shopping with you for earrings. That will be so fun! You are everything your mother said about you on the post. I love to show your pictures off to the elders. They think I have the most adorable grandchildren--and I do. I'm so happy you are seven and know that we love you very much. Always share that beautiful smile and kindness with others. You are one of a kind.

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Mikayla! I love the birthday cake. It was so cute. I can't believe Mikayla was just a baby when Cam and I got married. That means we will be married for 7 years! Yikes! She is seriously so cute and so fun. We hope to see you soon.

Julie said...

So adorable! Time flies so freakin' fast!

Marilyn said...

How is it that you always know how to make me cry! I miss that sweet little Mikayla so much! I remember when she used to just walk over to my house to come and play..no one else to play with, just come and hang out with me. Happy Birthday sweet 7! Miss you guys a ton!