SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Monday, March 9, 2009

Chalk up another year for DAVE!

Happy Birthday to the greatest husband and father eva!

Dave is not one for pictures, parties, or goodies (unless it is chocolate) so we had a quiet little family get together with homemade peanut butter cups. Hailey wanted Dave to have a piniata but made it clear that none of Dad's friends could take a wack at it - only her Dad. He is really not one for presents either but we did surprise him with season 1 of Battlestar Galactica. (He doesn't watch much TV but he loves this show).

Dave, I think you are amazing. I love that you are patient and even tempered which helps to mellow out my highs and lows. I love that you like to pamper me each Sunday by cooking dinner and doing dishes. I love that you always make time for the family. I love to watch you interact with the kids as you are their hero. I love that you are so witty. You have great one liners that make everyone laugh or stop and think. I love that you are a man of faith. I love that you know what is important in life and help me to keep on the right track. I love you. Hope you had a good day.

4 comments:

Erin said...

Happy Birthday Dave! We think you are great too. HOpe you had a good one. The pb cups sound really yummy.

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Dave! Our family thinks you are a super duper great guy and wish we could see you a lot more! (HINT HINT)! I wish I could taste one of those pb cups, and I really only love chocolate treats too. I needed a fix so bad dad today I had to stop at the gas station on the way home from our sea world field trip and buy M&M's!

Julie said...

Hey Steph, looks like life is treatin' ya good! We need a girls night or something soon!

Marilyn said...

Dave isn't as big and tough as he wants us all to think. I've seen him with his girls and he is such a sweet dad. He is only tough in his day job. Happy Birthday Dave...you're really getting up there!