SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Puzzlemania!


Okay so our family has never tried doing puzzles but that has now changed. I think we are all addicted. This all started thanks to our friend Emma. I was able to spend a little time with Emma and we started doing puzzles. She let me borrow a puzzle to take home and one by one everyone got drawn in. I can't tell you how good it feels to get a match! My kids soon adopted Emma's saying when you get a match and hollered out "Ty Ty!" Emma is in 3rd grade and has leukemia. Her brother Ty is a perfect match for a bone marrow transplant.

It took Cade a little longer to get involved. In fact, everyone had gone to bed except for Dave and I before he sat down and got his first match. After that first match he was on fire and couldn't stop. I even turned back on Mama Mia for him to listen to. I did catch him singing along a few times.

The next morning the kids were up finishing the puzzle instead of practicing or getting ready for school. We only had 2 pieces left and we couldn't find them. Later on that day I told Emma and Lana that I thought we lost 2 pieces. After school was over I looked at the puzzle and it was all complete. Come to find out Ashley hid the last 2 pieces because she wanted to be the last one to finish the puzzle.

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

We love puzzles. We usually do a couple pretty intense ones over christmas, it's just nice to have something to do while everyone visits. Ashley's a little sneak, but it does feel good to finish up the last piece so I can't blame her. BTW, I can't even tell you how much better Cade's hair looks short. That's just my opinion though. I am busily doing my enrichment stuff for our dinner tonight so I gotta run. HAVE A GREAT DAY!

Marilyn said...

I was totally laughing about Ashley hiding the pieces. Sounds like such a girl thing to do. If we really want to win...we have to rig it! I'm going to clear everything with Jeff tonight and then let you know the plan.....could we stay at your house?

Emily said...

I love puzzles, and most of my kids do, too. But Brek has no patience for them. That Ashley is a smart girl! My kids have pulled that trick before, as well.

Extraordinary Housewife said...

Ashley and I are one in the same.

Lana

Surgery Stinks said...

did you know that was my puzzle ashley.