SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Monday, January 5, 2009

Back to real life

School has started today! I was wondering if it would really begin when I woke up and saw that it has just started snowing and of course blowing. We have really enjoyed taking time off from homework and practicing. We have been staying up way too late and sleeping in. Now it is time for me to become NAZI mom again. Good luck kiddos.

Back to making food way to often. Do we really need to eat 3 meals a day and snacks?

I was trying really hard to get Dave to dance with me while the kids ate. He wasn't going for it so I had to put on my own show. We have been jammin nonstop to ABBA/Mama Mia. (thanks to Mel) After my performance I was going to make brownies. The kids grabbed the box out of my hands and told me I must have been eating way too much sugar. For once they were wrong. No sugar, just happiness!

Mikayla lost one of her front teeth right before Christmas. She also has started taking her own pictures with her new camera. I thought she took a lot of pics when we were at Grandma & Grandpa Shirleys but I found out they were mostly videos and pics of weird items. I did find a few to share though.

We white knuckled it and headed to Utah the day after Christmas. The roads were closed Christmas so we waited until the day after. We ended up still having to go around the long way and having and extra long trip. We had a progressive dinner along the way as we stopped at 3 McDonalds and at least 3 gas stations. When you drink that much it has to come out! We were so glad to get there even though it was a short time. The kids loved hanging out with their cousins and going to Jump On It! Cade and Grandpa Shirley were inseperable as they tinkered with their new ipods.

3 comments:

Erin said...

steph, i just looked at your extraordinary housewife page. I saw the post about adopting the little boy. I don't really know any of the details but do you think it would be worth passing it along to Susan. Let me know what you think. erin

Jennifer said...

I miss you guys! I get sad when I think of what a fun friend you would be on a daily basis. I also think it's so awesome that you always have your sweet neighbor girls over for activities! Keep up the posting, I love to keep up!

Elise said...

Ha ha ha- Love the picture of Val!!! I am sure he was excited to get his pic taken. I LOVE regina Spektor, BTW- I see she's on your playlist.