SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Thursday, September 4, 2008

Football season is here!

I love this time of year. The weather is still warm but cool at nights. The kids get back in school which means we get back to some sort of routine. But most importantly you can feel football season in the air! Dave has gotten BYU season football tickets forever. I guess you could say that is a tradition in our family. A very loved tradition by the kids. Mikayla and Dave were able to go to the first home game of the season. She told everybody that she had been waiting for this day for 2 years. (really it has just been since last season) I think she wanted to see what all the excitement was about and mostly get spoiled by Dave with treats! It was fun listening to Cade prepare Mikayla for the game. He was giving up his spot to go but wanted to make sure Mikayla new the basics. He was trying to explain to her 1st downs etc. Really, she was just thinking, "I can't wait to get frozen lemonade!" She did get lemonade among other things. It was 100 degrees at cougar stadium.
Who wouldn't want to go to a football game with Dave? Mikayla walked away with a new shirt, hat, lots of sugar, and some fun quality time with her Dad. It seems like I tend to be the frugal parent when it comes to entertainment. At restaurants I will order water for everyone, Dave on the other hand will let them get drinks/milkshakes. I also don't see the need to stop at gas stations for treats while we are traveling. We usually are only driving 3 hours. We should be able to make it that long without stopping but no we usually don't even make it out of our own town without stopping at Wendy's for dinner! I am used to the Keller family vacation tradition of only 2 meals a day!

Dave took Mikayla to Sensuous Sandwich in Provo. Dave and I used to eat there all the time when we went to school. We love to go back. They have the best subs!

2 comments:

Laura Barrett said...

Looks like they had so much fun! I used to go to a lot of the BYU games with my dad when I was there age, so many fun memories! Sensuous sandwiches...all I have to say is yum, one of my fav's! I even tried to take the "sensuous sandwich challenge" with a couple of my girlfriends, when you eat 24" in like an hour, let's just say I didn't get the t-shirt and spent the rest of the evening in the bathroom!

Amanda said...

Where is Sensuous Sandwich? It looks good! We may have to try it while we're here!
Looks like fun!