SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Thursday, September 11, 2008

Ashley turns 9!

Wow, how time flies! My chubby cheek, darling baby Ashley is growing up!

It doesn't seem very long ago that she was dancing with Grandpa Keller at Cam & Erin's wedding after hacking off half of her head of hair.

Always smiling!

This year it was Ashley's turn for a family party. Forget her new bike, she loved her straw glasses from the dollar tree! We made purses, painted ceramic animals, ate cheescake disguised as a soccer ball and went to the movie!

The rest of her party was celebrated in Utah at the Shirleys. One thing she really wanted to do was go shopping at justice for girls with only me. We had a blast! We were in the store for over 2 hours trying on things and picking out earrings. It was fun to see her dancing in the mirror and singing. Our next stop was the mall. Of course, we had to stop in the center of the mall at the photo booth and make silly faces and get our pictures. Little did we know that our pictures were all over the outside of the booth. We finished off the day watching BYU spank UCLA and had pizza and cheescake with all the cousins and Grandma and Grandpa.

Happy Birthday Ashley! We love your happy attitude and your willingness to always help out!


4 comments:

Jennifer said...

Happy Birthday Ashley. YOu are such a fun girl, I know that my three girls really look up to you, especially Madison. It sounds like a fun time, wish we could have been there to celebrate with you. Steph, you look really good too:)

Renee said...

To sweet, darling Ashley. Happy Birthday!! What a fun way to spend your special day celebrating with your mom by shopping, picture taking,lunch, etc. I wish I could have been there. What a proud grandma I was when you were born--the first girl in our family since your mom--about 27 years prior. I remember buying your blessing dress and showing it to my Laurels in YW. They just raved and carried on. I did the same when I saw you and held you in my arms. Thank you
for being such a great example for your sisters and cousins and for making your mom happy by obeying and choosing the right. We love you very much. Have fun on your new bike! (And Steph, you look as
pretty as ever. What a blessing to
be the mother of such special children. Love, Mom

Marilyn said...

Gotta love the Rexburg terminology....Spanked by BYU! I think it is just that Sarah is out of the loop, you know growing up in Burley and all! :) Love ya Sarah! Ashley is so darling and you are beautiful as ever! I'm looking forward to some fun this weekend!

Erin said...

Happy Belated Birthday Ashley! It sounds like you had a fun day. Know that you were the cutest girl at our wedding, chopped hair and all. I can't believe you are already nine. Happy B-Day!