SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Wednesday, August 20, 2008

One last Hoorah!

We were able to pack in a week of fun up at the cabin in Cascade with the Kellers right before school started. You may notice that Dave is not pictured. He couldn't get off work, but that would not stop us. (Some say he was the one who really had the vacation) I was a little outnumbered (1 on 5) so I was grateful for any help offered. We also missed Mom and Dad but were glad we were able to carry on the tradition of being together. Our adventure started out later than planned do to a stop at the Dr.'s office on the way out of town. Valerie was burning up with fever and had a double ear infection. We got our antibiotics and were on our way. I must say that the drive was fairly pleasant because she was so lethargic she just slept. I had been planning all sorts of ways that I was going to be able to keep her in her car seat. I had the duct tape ready in case I needed to tape the buckle (good pointer from a friend).

Cade and Ashley on the tube. Cade started doing a little taunting to the driver, Todd or Brandon. The taunting didn't last long as Cade flew a good 5-6 feet in the air. Of course, we all love this and laugh and then check to see if everyone is okay. I must say we did not have near as many good wrecks as when Dad, the pro is driving.

Even Hailey liked riding the tube. This year was a first that we had the little people starting to fight for turns on the tube. They all loved it and thought their turn was not long enough. By the end of the week they were getting fairly brave. We were even getting all of their hand signals down. Madison's favorite was thumbs up and then thumbs down repeated over and over. We finally learned this meant to go medium speed only.

This is the last picture I have a Valerie with her whole front tooth. She must have chipped part of her tooth off when the cousins were taking turns performing tricks on the ottoman. I must say this really saddens me. She is likely to have this tooth until 1st grade. Mikayla has still not lost her 2 front teeth!
Eating again! We would try and get a morning crew out to ski and then come back and have to already do lunch before we could head out with the kids. We mostly had the lake to ourselves except for those few random jet skiers ruining our nice water!

Our own private beach. The water would stay shallow in some places for quite a long ways out. Madison and Mikayla's heads should be barely showing somewhere. They were little fish.

Part of our crew!

Cade suffering through being the only older boy cousin

Our final goodbye back at Grandma & Grandpa's. Yes, the house was in pretty good shape even thought you guys have been gone 7 months.

Nap time didn't go so well for anyone. Quincy was attempting to take a nap until Gavin jumped in her bed with her.

3 comments:

Marilyn said...

Looks like so much fun, maybe smoeday we'll have a boat and teach our kids to love the water too. Kaden still loves video games WAY too much! Jeff is definitely the one who encourages all the outdoor play, now that I have to stay out of the sun, I'm no fun!

Jennifer said...

THat was my kids favorite vacation ever! At least that's what they tell me. Madison wants to know if you all want to come to CA in october and go to disneyland? She misses you all and so do I! Hope all is well?!?! Call me soon!

Julie said...

What a blast! I hate saying goodbye to summer!