SHIRLEY BUNCH
Dave, Steph, Cade, Ashley, Mikayla, Hailey, Valerie, & Ty

We may not have it all together, but togeth
er we have it all.


Tuesday, June 10, 2008

Hailey Bailey Pudding Pie!

Hailey is constantly saying the cutest, well maybe the most interesting things. Have you ever wondered what your child says when your not around? Luckily, Hailey's primary teachers are our friends so I get to hear some of the things she says. Wait! Maybe that is not always a good thing.

Most sunbeams are kind of shy around men teachers but not Hailey. She loves Bro. Barrett, bald head and all. Bro. Barrett was entertaining the kids one Sunday, they were laughing at his bald head. He asked them if they wanted to touch it...they all shrieked "Ewwww!" except for of course little Hailey, she gladly came up to him and rubbed her hand on the top of his head and exclaimed "It feels like a cats tounge!"

A couple weeks later, we were sitting behind the Barretts in church. The kids were asking me about mammals. I tried to explain to them that one way to know if something is a mammal is to see if they have hair. Hailey was listening very intently. She thought for a minute and looked at Bro. Barrett's head in front of us and then said in a very concerned way, "so Brother Barrett isn't a mammal?"
Hailey wanted Ashley to take her to the movie. Mikayla had already seen it and told Hailey she shouldn't go because there were some scary parts. Hailey said, "that's okay because Ashley can just hug me on those parts."

4 comments:

Erin said...

Oh my goodness. The pictures of Hailey are so adorable! She is also so funny! Way cute stories. I espically loved the mammal questions. We can't wait to see her and the rest of your fam!

Laura Barrett said...

Oh Hailey, we just love her so much! She is such a sweet little girl, and she definitely keeps us on our toes every week in primary!

Emily said...

She is SO cute. That black and white picture is so darling. She is also hilarious! I love it!

Jennifer said...

I want to have y0ur friend take pictures of my kids, please! Maybe we can figure something out while we are up there, I dont know! I love the things hailey says!